We are always interested in looking at CVs of qualified individuals who feel their skills could fulfil roles at CCFE.
Please send your CV and the type of role that you are looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org stating reference CCFE/Speculative/12. Should a vacancy arise we will contact you.
If you have any queries, please contact the HR team on 01235 466738 or 01235 466819.
We have requirements for graduate and post-doctoral engineers, scientists and technologists in the following fields:
- Project and project engineering management;
- Systems integration;
- Mechanical including remote operations, fabrication technology development and building services;
- Electrical including power conversion, automation, control and instrumentation and computing systems (more information);
- Materials and metallurgy;
- Analysts including function and performance evaluations using advanced and coupled techniques;
- Process and chemical;
- CAD including management, technical configuration and designers.
(Chartered status would be an advantage.)
We have requirements for technicians in the following areas:
- Electrical (more information);
- Electronic (more information);
- Control and instrumentation and diagnostics.
Design Office / Drawing Office staff, preferably with Catia and / or Autocad skills. (EngTech registered time served and/or with Apprenticeship / NVQ, C&G, ONC, HNC qualifications would be an advantage.)
We also require IT professionals and software engineers.
Candidates from outside the European Economic Area are reminded that they will need to produce clear documentation to show that they have formal permission to work in the UK.
The United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority is unable to employ anyone who does not have formal consent to work in the UK. Current limits on immigration to the UK mean that the Authority's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system is very limited. Candidates are advised to explore possible alternative legitimate procedures which do not require sponsorship by the United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority.
Please note that a CV alone is not acceptable as an application. If your CV matches the skills and experience that we are looking for we will contact you and ask you to complete an application form.
For a list of competitive benefits that CCFE offers please click here.
Please explore here to find out more about what we do.
- Careers at CCFE
- Job vacancies
- Speculative enquiries
- PhD and MSc opportunities
- Fusion research fellowships
- Graduate recruitment
- IET Power Academy
- Work experience
- Student short-term placements
- University positions
- Career profiles